If you slip and fall because someone did not properly maintain his or her property, our attorney Mike Wagner may be able to help you seek compensation for your injury.
At Wagner Law, LLC, each person who is injured in a slip-and-fall accident is provided direct access to an attorney who will provide candid and straightforward advice regarding the merits of his or her potential case. Contact us today to receive advice and guidance from our experienced personal injury trial lawyer, who has more than 40 years of legal experience in Northern Wisconsin.
Premises Liability Trial Attorney for Dunn and ChippewaCounties
When a slip-and-fall accident occurs, there is seldom a neutral third party, such as the police, who arrives at the scene to preserve evidence regarding the condition of the property at the time of the fall. Therefore, you, as the injured party, bear the responsibility for preserving evidence. Some of the important things to do after sustaining an injury due to a slip and fall include:
- Take photos of the property that show the dangerous or unsafe condition that the property was in at the time of the fall. For example, if you slipped on a sidewalk that was icy and that the property owner had not salted or sanded for days, you should take pictures of the icy patch and surrounding area before the weather changes or before the property owner rectifies the unsafe condition.
- Obtain contact information from anyone who witnessed your fall.
- Obtain necessary medical treatment.
- Contact us so that we review photos and obtain statements from witnesses, as necessary.
- If you slip and fall at a store, don't be embarrassed, immediately notify the store manager or property owner about the unsafe condition and your injury.
In slip-and-fall cases, the law requires that the injured person prove that the premise was unsafe at the time of their fall, so it is crucial that the injured person preserve evidence regarding the condition of the premise at the time of their fall.
Contact the Firm
For a free initial consultation with our Menomonie slip-and-fall injury attorney, contact us at 715-235-6400 or email us through our online form. Our representation is contingency-based, which means that you do not have to pay us an attorney fee unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you either through a settlement or trial verdict. We offer flexible appointment hours, including nights and weekends when necessary, in order to accommodate our clients' availability.